April 1, 2014

Busy Family French Dip Sandwich

Happy April Fools! I don't have any jokes today because I'm really not much of a prankster. Short of replacing the sugar with the salt, I never have any ideas. Do you have any last-minute prank suggestions I can use on my hubby? 

I've mentioned before that I'm a busy, working mom so it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm always on the lookout for fast, family-friendly meals. During the week, French Dip Sandwiches are one of my all-time favorites. My husband's a huge fan of French Dips and after several attempts, I've finally perfected them. They're simple, delicious and only five ingredients.


Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches):
2 Bakery-style Hoagie Rolls
3/4 lb. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
1/4 lb. Provolone Cheese
1 Package of AuJus 
Horseradish Sauce

Preparation Instructions:
Prepare the AuJus according to the package instructions. Once the AuJus is throughly heated throughout add the roast beef and turn to low heat. Let the roast beef heat all the way through, about 3-4 minutes depending on how thick the beef is sliced.


Slice the bread and place it under a 500-degree top broiler with 2-3 slices of provolone cheese. Once the cheese melts and the edges of the bread are slightly brown, remove it from the oven and pile on the beef. 



Add a drizzle of horseradish sauce to top it off and then slice the sandwich. 



Don't forget to make a small bowl of AuJus for dipping! 

It's simple and delicious but best of all, it's a weeknight favorite. 

If you're looking for some other simple week-night recipes here are some more of my favorites: Crockpot Turkey, Crockpot Rump Roast and Zucchini, Pepper and Onion Frittata 


Be Blessed,
Brittany

8 comments:

  1. I love this! It's great that the ingredients list is short. That definitely makes cooking during the week so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, plus my time in the grocery store is precious. I hate pushing my cart up and down the aisles looking for ambiguous items. These are fairly common and easy to find.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious Brittany! I tried making a french dip for rob a while back and it did not go over well, I'm gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! It's so good and Kyle loves them. I like that they take less than 15 minutes and it's a fairly inexpensive meal :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I suck at April Fools, but I don't mind. :)
    I love how quick and simple this looks! Definitely want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel! This is definitely a winner if you're looking for quick and simple.

      Delete
  4. This is something my husband would totally LOVE so thanks for sharing :) I love coming across new things to make my family for dinner. ha. I just found your blog from over at Whispering Sweet Nothings sidebar - I just sponsored her blog too so I thought it would be cool to stalk out some of her other sponsors and make friends! ha. Excited to be following along now :)

    ReplyDelete